Baby Led Weaning for RDs: What the Research Says (1 CEU)
Please join Jessica Coll, RD on May 1st at noon CST as she reviews the evidence behind baby led weaning (BLW). This is a live webinar. No recording is available.
With BLW, babies feed themselves with finger foods from their first bite. Dietitians need to be ready to answer questions to make sure parents are doing it safely and babies are meeting their high nutritional needs. After this webinar based on the most recent peer-reviewed journal articles, dietitians should be able to:
– Discuss reasons parents are choosing this approach
– Identify cases where BLW isn’t appropriate
– Evaluate whether babies are more at risk of choking with BLW
– Explain whether parents can do purees and BLW
– Evaluate whether babies can meet their iron needs with BLW
*For registered dietitians only*
See link below to register.